The MCA relies on the generosity of philanthropic individuals and organisations for the acquisition and commission of new works by Australian artists for the Collection. The new MCA Foundation aims to raise significant funds to develop the breadth and depth of the Museum’s Collection and to support onsite commissioned works.
GROW THE MCA COLLECTION
Since its inception in 1989, the MCA Collection has grown steadily, supported by generous donations of funds and works of art. The Collection is a central part of the Museum’s activities. The completion of the MCA’s redevelopment in 2012 created new opportunities for the Collection, and the Foundation’s aim is to ensure that the MCA curators have support to grow the collection and to realise its potential for audiences.
Recent acquisitions have included artists in the early stages of their careers as well as those who are more established. The Collection reflects contemporary practice and includes time- and media-based, ephemeral and instruction pieces. These works, alongside those in more traditional media such as painting and sculpture, make the MCA Collection a dynamic and innovative resource.
By focusing on recent Australian art, the MCA supports artists and provides audiences with a particular overview of contemporary art in Australia.
Philanthropic support is essential to ensure that the MCA can continue to acquire outstanding works by Australia’s contemporary artists, and to build a resource of national importance.
Your donation to the MCA Foundation makes this possible.
• Major Benefactors | $500,000 and above (over five years)
• Major Donors | $100,000 to $499,999 (over five years)
• Donors | $50,000 to $99,999 (over five years)
• Supporters | $20,000 to $49,999 (over three years)
While the MCA gratefully accepts donations at all levels, an amount less than $20,000 does not qualify for MCA Foundation Wall acknowledgement.
All donations are fully tax deductible.
The MCA Foundation is grateful for donations of any size from individuals, companies, and foundations. Donations from $20,000 will be acknowledged on the MCA Foundation donor wall in the MCA Collection Galleries. Donations can be pledged over a number of years depending on the level of support.
THE MCA COLLECTION
- Provides a unique catalogue of Australian artworks of national and international importance for future generations to enjoy;
- Now has a permanent presence in the Museum with the level 2 galleries providing an evolving presentation of the best of Australian contemporary art;
- Plays an increasing role in MCA education programs with a comprehensive range of learning resources developed around the Collection to teach students about Australian contemporary art;
- Reaches out to remote and international audiences through the MCA’s growing online collection, enabling in-depth study and exploration;
- Features in innovative exhibitions, quality publications, touring projects and loans to other institutions;
- Supports living Australian artists – the MCA buys work only from the artist or their primary dealer.
MCA FOUNDATION COUNCIL
Led by MCA Foundation Chairman Ari Droga, the MCA Foundation Council comprises leading Foundation donors and advocates. The current Council members are:
• Ari Droga
• Fraser Hopkins
• John Ingham
• Justin Miller
• Catriona Mordant
• Dr Dick Quan
• Greg Shand
• Nick Tobias
• Ivan Wheen
• Shannan Whitney
DONATING TO THE MCA FOUNDATION
Alternatively, you can donate online by clicking here
If you have any questions regarding pledges or making your donation please contact Lisa Hamilton, Philanthropy Manager ph. 02 9245 2414 or Amy Kitts, Philanthropy Assistant ph. 02 9245 2415 or email@example.com